PE and Sport Premium
Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
PE IMPACT 2018-9
At Richmond Hill Primary we aim to give all children the opportunities to plan, participate and evaluate their physical education.
We believe Physical activity is vital to pupil well -being and development. A varied PE programme develops social and emotional resilience whilst keeping children active and healthy.
- Application of PE Programmes of study, utilising expert coaching wherever possible.
- Introducing play leaders to encourage active games at Play-times and lunchtimes.
- A variety of after school clubs to target all interests varying from Cheer-leading, Gymnastics to Football and Rugby
- Providing links to local sports clubs.
- A commitment to working towards the School Games Silver active mark
In order to do this we have committed our 2018-9 sports funding of £16,000 to the following.
- Secure outdoor equipment store £1,100
- Swimming for year 4 to year 6 £1,000
- Transporting to Events £2,250
- Buying into the local schools calendar £600
- Providing Curriculum Coaching £675
- Updating and maintaining PE/Games equipment £1,250
- Providing sport aspiration with Olympic Athlete visit £500
- Freddie Fit sports coaching £2,000
- Kidditch sport day £300/ Wheelchair basketball £50
- Dance project and after school cheer-leading £1,000
- Entry to Maryport fixtures £1,300
- Sports staff release for fixtures £2000